Spanish Teacher / Tutor
Valencia Tutors Learning Center is searching for a passionate and dependable Spanish Teacher/Tutor to join our team. The Spanish Teacher’s/Tutor’s responsibilities include teaching oral and written Spanish, tailoring lesson plans to individual students or classes, and setting homework and assessments. You should be able to juggle a wide range of responsibilities including administrative tasks as well as tutoring K-12 students.
Spanish Teacher/Tutor Responsibilities:
- Developing lesson plans and curricula based on the needs of individual students.
- Providing conversational classes where pronunciation and important words and phrases are taught.
- Teaching writing and Spanish composition classes.
- Conducting research on teaching methods, materials, and language games that can be used in class.
- Scheduling and preparing students for oral and written examinations.
- Monitoring student’s progress by writing up reports and grading assessments.
- Organizing feedback sessions with students and their parents if applicable.
- Organizing lesson plans, and monitoring progress for tutoring clients.
- Providing suggestions for further learning and scheduling intervention sessions with struggling students.
Spanish Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Spanish Language, Literature, or an equivalent may be required.
- Proven written and verbal proficiency in Spanish.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with tools like Moodle or Schoology or like programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented and resilient.